In the past few years, TikTok has skyrocketed in popularity.
With over 689 million active users monthly and an average of more than a million videos viewed every day, TikTok is the fastest growing social media platform of the decade. Our society online is fast-paced and ever-changing and your social media strategy should reflect that. TikTok is the new tool for entrepreneurs, I’m here to tell you 5 reasons why you should take advantage of it.
1. Currently, 90% of TikTok users access the app on a daily basis, multiple times a day. It’s up to you whether you want to pay to make sure your ad is appearing in people’s feeds. Either way, with the help of algorithms and trending hashtags, your videos can reach a large audience made up of a variety of people.
2. The engagement on TikTok is unbelievable. As an example, Jennifer Lopez posted the same video to her Twitter and TikTok accounts. On Twitter, where she had 45 million followers at the time, the video received 2 million views. On TikTok, where she had 5 million followers at the time, the video received an overwhelming 71 million views. Not only does this mean that your videos will have a large reach, but you can also measure the effectiveness of them.
3. 80% of TikTok users are between the ages of 16-34. And speaking as someone who is a part of Generation Z, we’re not a big fan of advertisements. In fact, many of us will go out of our way to avoid them. Old marketing strategies won’t get you the same results. If you want to reach our demographic, TikTok is the best way to do it. Its built-in editing tools allow you to make advertisements that don’t necessarily look like advertisements. Shorter videos with strong visuals and less talking are eye-catching and will make people want to find out more about your business.
4. Creating content on TikTok is both cost and time-efficient. Most videos are less than 60 seconds long and as I mentioned before, the more creative marketing ideas are the most successful. Many will shoot short videos of the packaging, creating or showing off their product, pick a song and effects to go along with it, and direct people to where they can learn more. No need to spend time working on a lengthy script, no need to spend money on editing software or special effects. TikTok is very user-friendly and everything you need is available free of charge on the app.
5. Finally, TikTok videos are constantly being shared and reuploaded to practically every social media site you can think of. This includes major sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, and Twitter. Your business gets more exposure without you having to do any extra work.
TikTok is here to stay and will continue growing in users. Now you have 5 reasons, why not take advantage of it while you can?
Blog is written by Sara Giroux, a grade 11 co-op student from the Toronto District School Board.